Until now, in the phase of vehicle and machine design, CAD-systems were used to arrange and lay electric cables and hoses. In this proceeding the course of the wires often was estimated and designed using experience values. The real material properties and the behaviour of flexible wiring systems were only partially considered. Besides, changings in the surrounding geometry often led to a complete redesign of the wire’s course. As a result, the expenses in terms of time and money were high.
- Automatic creation of the wire’s course (autorouting)
- Interactive laying in real time
- Consideration of the realistic material properties and the force of gravity
- Early detection of critical constructions
- Installation space analysis of moving parts
- Tolerance, collision and movement analysis
- Interactive optimization of the wire’s course and length based on bending radius and other criteria