In assembly processes it is a great challenge to install flexible parts such as wires and hoses without causing inacceptable stresses or even damages. Although the installation space is often limited, it still has to provide enough space for the mounting process. Furthermore the wires and hoses need to have optimum lengths in order to avoid damages during the installation or signs of wear in daily operations.
When applying IPS Cable Simulation in virtual assembly processes the required installation space and optimized wire lengths may be determined in advance.
- Stress analysis of the flexible elements during the assembly process and after their installation
- Risk analysis for incorrect assembly
- Assembly-based construction validation
- Interactive optimization (e.g. of material parameters or cable length)
- Adjustment of clips to the assembly process
- Prevention of a repeated design process